Step-by-step instructions to launch a temporary event for your location and let your guests connect with a special authentication for a given time
Showroom, client meeting, product launch…
Your company may need to offer the guest Wi-Fi for more people than usual and for a specific period.
The Cloudi-Fi solution allows companies to manage their special events from their admin account.
Your captive portal need to support Event creation. If it is not the case, I invite you to contact your Cloudi-fi Support to update your captive portal.
Step 1: Create your Event
- Open the Cloudi-Fi dashboard and go to Portals > Events.
- Select "New event"
Here you can set
- Name of the event that will also appear in the event section of your portal,
- Passcode to secure your event so that only guests who know the code can log in
- Start and End dates for your event (only events that match the current date are displayed on the portal to the guests)
- Perimeter of your event i.e. locations where you want to plan your Event. You can match your event with a group of locations, locations that have a certain scope, or individual locations if your event is only for some of them.
- Subscribers that will be notified during any update of this event.
Location without Event activated
Location with an Event activated: After selecting the event option, the guest is prompted for an email and the passcode if there is one.
Great! We created an event and as you can see below it appears on your portal