Your guest tries to log in using a social network, but an error page is displayed on his screen instead of the social network page.
When guests attempt to log in using a social network, they may encounter an unexpected error page instead of the usual social network login screen. This error page may be caused by various issues that prevent proper authentication or access to social networks.
Several possible causes may trigger this error page, including:
Social network domains are not whitelisted in the SSID or Access list configuration
- DHCP or DNS servers issues
- Firewall or URL Filtering blocking social networks
To address this issue, several actions can be taken:
- Adding the social network’s domains to the walled garden or access list configuration can help ensure proper authentication and access.
- Checking the DNS resolution for the social networks domains while connected to the SSID
- Using firewall or URL filtering rules verification as a means of identifying and addressing any issues that may be causing the error. This process can help you determine whether the social network is being allowed or blocked by the firewall or URL filtering rules.
Following these recommended actions, you can troubleshoot the issue causing the unexpected error page and provide a seamless and hassle-free experience for your network users when connecting to the SSID.
If you are still experiencing the error page issue after following these recommended actions, please contact our team (How to contact your support? ) to make the necessary changes to your captive portal or consult the articles available in our online help https://help.cloudi-fi.com/hc/en-us.