The Cloudi-Fi team has been working hard to enhance the overall user experience for guests and administrators by fixing a few reported bugs, enhancing existing functionalities, and developing additional features and enhancements requested by our fast-growing customer admin community.
We are planning to release these changes on Friday, April, the 7th evening. We are not expecting any service interruption.
If you want to receive notifications for our next release notes, you must check that you are following the Release Note Section in our Knowledge Base.
(From your Admin click on Admin > Help)
New features to be released
- (1) Remote Access control: you will now be able to allow Cloudi-Fi Administrators to get access or not to your tenant for analysis, troubleshooting, other (in Admin > Settings > Company Account)
- (2) Data Protection control: limit Data access for your Administrators (without this role, the Administrators won’t see MAC addresses (in Admin > Users > Access logs) and Login (in Admin > Users > Authentications))
IOT onboarding or IoT device management
- (1) You will now be able to manage your IOT devices in Admin > Networks > Devices
- (2) You will also be able to grant access to your IoT devices via notification service
(For additional information you can check the following articles)
- (1) The Helpdesk is now directly embedded into the admin User interface. Simply access the Cloudi-Fi Admin > Helpdesk.
- (2) The Tickets creation is now easily available from the Admin > Helpdesk > Submit a request.
- Get assistance from smart Chatbot to find information you are looking for.
Full redesign of the Cloudi-Fi admin
- In order to improve the user experience for the Cloudi-Fi admin community, the Cloudi-Fi administration has been fully redesigned.
- WAF protection: Enabling WAF security on top of our public HTTPS services and APIs to protect our services against known and unknown security threats.
- China custom URL's: introducing a dedicated domain for China to comply with local regulations.
- Guest API Usage rate limiting: enabling rate control on our API used by Guest to register on Cloudi-Fi captive portal to avoid service abuse.
- Guest API Usage blacklisting: blocking malicious IPs (Source) trying to request our Legacy API.
- Location refresh menu issue resolution: this will fix the empty list displayed after a location creation.
- Location update with Zscaler: this will improve the synchronisation between Zscaler and Cloudi-Fi when a location is created, updated, deleted or re-created.
- Helpdesk refresh issue (i.e. Helpdesk was refreshing the page automatically): to avoid issues while filling a new ticket.
- DHCP configuration deployment issue: this fix will improve integration of DHCP updates (Options, Subnets, etc.) in a selected location.
- Backend processing stability improvement: this bug fix will improve all of our backend tasks (for instance - guest registration, reset password email, synchronisation with Meraki/Zscaler, etc.). Now, even if data is corrupted or malformed, our service will remain available and won’t fail.
Improving the Cloudi-Fi platform based on our admin community feedback is key, therefore please feel free to contact our support and share your suggestions and identified bugs.
In the coming weeks, we will fully re-design our knowledge base in order to continue to improve our product support documentation.
Thanks for your support and feedback;